Cannabis and Women’s Health At Every Stage of Life
Part Two: The Wisdom Years
Be a Wise Woman and Advocate for your Best Health!
As we age we feel more confident in our personal choices and more committed to listening to our inner guide. As Wise Women, we are empowered to advocate for our best health. While conventional medicine helps millions of people, there are alternatives, and here at Bloom City Club we hope to educate people to make informed decisions. Cannabis and CBD have many deeply-therapeutic properties that may be beneficial for women as they move through the transitional phase of menopause.
10 Ways Cannabinoids May Ease Common Menopausal Symptoms:
- Estrogen levels are to blame for many of the unpleasant side effects of menopause. Recent studies have sought to find out if micro-dosing THC may have a boosting effect on estrogen. We need more conclusive research, but many women find relief in using cannabis strains containing higher CBD ratios to THC, such as Royal Tonic or Clem-N-Tonic.
- Emotional imbalance and depression may be alleviated through the use of THC and CBD. Bloom City Club carries a tincture called Harlequin which is a mood-elevating, sativa blend of THC and CBD. Strains with the terpene Limonene are known for their euphoric effects. The strain Jack Herer is just one of the many limonene-rich cannabis choices for enhancing feelings of well-being.
- Regulating body temperature may be helped by using small doses of THC when symptoms are acute. A few small draws on a cannabis vape pen is a discreet way to manage the onset of hot flashes.
- The danger of bone loss is real in menopausal women. Interestingly, CBD may become the first line of defense in treating bone loss. In a study published by NCBI, CB2 was shown to stimulate bone formation and protect against age-related bone loss.
- Anxiety is a common complaint for women going through this phase of life. Incorporating CBD into a daily regimen may help calm those worrying thoughts. Research is beginning to show that using CBD has a positive impact on anxiety management. Tinctures, capsules, edibles, and even CBD craft cannabis can be used to control stress throughout the day without intoxicating effects.
- Sleep is a huge issue for women in their 40’s and 50’s, but cannabis and CBD can help! Medicinal tinctures such as Night Nurse, or eating a medicated edible like an indica brownie, may have a profoundly sedative effect. Craft cannabis indica strains can be a powerful sleep remedy.
- Hormone-driven weight gain may be managed by using THCV a compound found in cannabis. THCV has been known to help stop the munchies! Find THCV in craft cannabis strains and cartridges like Durban Poison, XJ-13, and Blue Dream.
- Sexual intimacy can be a problem for menopausal women. Many women experience not only a drop in libido but also vaginal dryness. Sundara personal lubricant acts as a vasodilator, opening capillaries and increasing blood flow for increased sensitivity. Sundara can be used about 15 minutes prior to sex for enhanced effect. Consuming cannabis can be a powerful aphrodisiac. Look for strains that are felt more in the body like indicas and strains that contain CBD for heightened sensual enjoyment.
- Headaches can be common during menopause due to hormonal fluctuations. Many women find using CBD and/or THC at the first sign of a headache to be of benefit.
- Skin and hair changes begin to appear in the early stages of menopause. Skin flare-ups, rosacea, dryness, brittle nails and hair loss may increase. CBD taken daily may have a balancing effect on these symptoms. CBD used topically may stimulate, balance and normalize oil production and skin cell functioning.